We feel it’s time for another of our Writer’s Competitions. We’ve greatly benefited from them in the past, finding, predictably, that among our readers there are some very good writers.
From the start, we were keen that Slightly Foxed should feature not only contributors familiar from other book pages but also the voices of people who could write but who didn’t think of themselves as writers – people outside the literary world, who had other equally interesting kinds of experience, and for whom the written word was just as important.
So why not throw your hat into the ring?
• The competition is open to all current Slightly Foxed subscribers. The winner will receive a prize of £250 and the piece will be published in a future issue of SF, while the runner-up will appear on our website
• We’re looking for a personal piece of between 1,000 and 1,500 words that reflects your own experience of a favourite book and that makes other people want to read it too
• Please do check our online index here to make sure the subject you have in mind hasn’t been covered already
• Pieces should be submitted to Anna as a Word document by email or post, and should include your name and contact details
Email: [email protected]
Slightly Foxed Writer’s Competition
53 Hoxton Square
London N1 6PB
• All entries should reach us by 15 January 2023