Slightly Foxed Jobs: Publishing Internship
NB The application closing date for this position has now passed
We’re delighted to announce that Slightly Foxed is looking for a friendly, enthusiastic person to join their London office for a 3-month paid publishing internship. This position is ideal for graduates interested in pursuing a career in publishing.
We need a lively, well-organized person who enjoys customer service and sales. You will be primarily communicating with customers, preparing and dispatching orders, gift-wrapping and hand-writing gift cards and messages and be helping with general day to day administrative and marketing tasks in the office. You will be included in our monthly meetings and will be encouraged to take an interest in all aspects of the production of a magazine and books.
Slightly Foxed prides itself on its personal, friendly and high-end service, which is something that our readers love so, in this role, you’ll be a very important part of the team.
‘A Slightly Foxed parcel on my doorstep instantly brightens my day, due in large part to the lovely notes and personal care that you send along to all of us, your devoted readers.’
‘Thank you for your brilliant company and product. Your customer service exceeds all.’
A reasonable level of fitness is required as you’ll be moving boxes of books and magazines around the office, preparing the post and taking it down two flights of stairs ready for collection each day and helping bring large deliveries of books and packing materials upstairs into the office on a regular basis.
Our aim is to offer you experience in publishing and the chance to obtain skills and gain confidence. In return we expect hard work, punctuality, cheerfulness, attention to detail, enthusiasm, adaptability and a willingness to turn your hand to anything.
As an employed intern you will be paid a salary which is the equivalent of £20,110 pa pro rata and will be required to sign a contract committing them to working at SF for the publishing internship period of 3 months.
There is a possibility that this 3-month publishing internship will be extended and/or lead to a full-time position/permanent contact.
– Processing and dispatching orders for subscriptions, books and goods
– Taking orders and responding to queries from customers by email, phone and letter
– Preparing and dispatching post and mailings by Royal Mail and courier
– Managing office stock
– Assisting with deliveries
– Banking, filing and other day-to-day-office administration
– Attending SF-related events which may be outside office hours
Key Skills, Education & Experience
– English and Maths at GCSE level or equivalent
– Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
– A positive and hardworking outlook
– Excellent attention to detail
– Experience using Microsoft Office, WordPress and HTML
– Experience in customer service and confidence in dealing with customers
– Good handwriting
– Ability to schedule and prioritize a number of daily tasks
– Previous experience of working in a retail, administrative or customer service role is desirable
– Slightly Foxed is a dog-friendly office. There is often at least one dog on the premises
Terms & Hours
– Full time: Monday – Friday; 9.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.; 35 hours per week excluding 1 hour lunch breaks. Occasional weekend, evening or early morning work may be required
– Place of work: Slightly Foxed Ltd, 53 Hoxton Square, London N1 6PB. The nearest stations are Old Street and Hoxton.
– Salary: £20,110 pa pro rata; paid monthly
– Start date: 25 July 2022; Three-month trial period
If you feel you fit this description, please apply by email with your CV and covering letter attached as .pdf or word.doc to:
Please use the subject line ‘Slightly Foxed Internship Application’ and add your name
– Applications with generic covering letters will not be accepted
– Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 10 June 2022
– Due to the current workload in the office, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants or discuss individual applications
Application closing date: 6 June 2022
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by: 10 June 2022
Interviews will be conducted with shortlisted applicants in person week commencing: 13 June 2022
Start date: 25 July 2022
Alternatively, if you’d like to apply for Work Experience, please visit this page for further instructions.