This position has been filled. Applications are now closed.
Administrator (Office & Subscriptions)
Slightly Foxed is looking for a friendly, enthusiastic person to join their London office. The Administrator (Office & Subscriptions) will be responsible for processing subscriptions, packing orders, gift-wrapping, stock management and general day-to-day office administration among other things.
We need a lively, well-organized person who enjoys communicating with customers. Slightly Foxed prides itself on its personal, friendly and high-end service so, in this role, you’ll be a very important part of the team.
Please note that this is a full-time role
- Responding to queries from customers by email, phone and letter
- Processing and dispatching orders for subscriptions, books and goods
- Sending out renewal reminders
- Daily stock management and quarterly stock take
- Gift-wrapping and hand-writing gift messages
- Banking, filing and other day-to-day-office administration
- Stationery management
- Assisting with deliveries
- Preparing and dispatching post by Royal Mail and courier
- Raising invoices and packing bookshop orders
- Liaising with printers and other external service providers
Key Skills, Education & Experience
- Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good handwriting
- Ability to schedule and prioritise a number of daily tasks
- A positive and hardworking outlook
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Fast and accurate data entry
- Experience using Outlook and CMS
- Confidence in dealing with customers
- Degree level or equivalent is not required for this role
- Previous experience of working in an administrative or customer service role is desirable
- Slightly Foxed is dog-friendly. There may be up to three dogs on the premises at any time
- A reasonable level of fitness is required as you’ll be moving items from the bookshelves to the packing desk, preparing the post and taking it downstairs ready for collection each day, and helping the rest of the staff bring deliveries of books and packing materials upstairs into the office on a regular basis.
Terms & Hours
- Fulltime: Monday – Friday; 9.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
- Normal hours are 35 hours per week excluding lunch breaks: Occasional evening or early morning work may be required
- Place of work: Slightly Foxed Ltd, 53 Hoxton Square, London N1 6PB
- Salary: 18,000 – 20,000 pa; paid monthly
- Holiday: 20 days plus Bank Holidays
- Start date: Monday 11 March 2019; Three month trial period
- Pension: After any trial period you will be automatically registered to the company’s pension scheme
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter. Please note that applications with generic covering letters will not be accepted. We will only respond to successfully shortlisted applicants.