Entries to the writers’ competition in 2018 netted us five excellent pieces for the magazine – two joint winners, and three runners-up. So, now the dark evenings have closed in again, we think it’s a good time to run another one . . .
If you are thinking of writing something for Slightly Foxed we will be happy to consider it, but do please note:
• You should check our index first to make sure we haven’t already covered your chosen book
• We recommend that you read at least one issue of Slightly Foxed before sitting down at the keyboard. Our approach is rather different from that of other literary magazines
• Our issues are pretty well full up for the coming year, so anything accepted for publication is unlikely to appear immediately
• We always pay our contributors for published articles but we are unable to pay a fee for anything sent in as an unsolicited article if we turn it down
• Slightly Foxed articles are generally between 1,000 and 2,000 words in length, depending on the significance of the subject
• Articles should be submitted as a Word document, attached to an email addressed to [email protected]